A backyard renovation can be a big project. But with the right home services, it can be a smooth process that leaves your clients happy with the results. Here are three services to consider offering for backyard renovations.
One of the most important aspects of any backyard renovation is landscaping. This will make or break the look of the finished product. There are a lot of different factors to consider when it comes to landscaping, so it’s important to have a plan in place before starting any work. The following questions can be your starting point:
- Is your client looking for a low-maintenance yard?
- Are they interested in adding a garden?
If your client wants a low-maintenance yard, they should consider installing hardscaping features. This could include a patio, deck, stone walls, or paving stones. These features will require less upkeep than a traditional garden.
If they’re interested in adding a garden, you’ll need to determine what plants they want and where they should be placed. Plants could be placed in raised beds, along walkways, or in a designated gardening area. You’ll also need to consider the amount of sunlight the garden will get and whether it will need irrigation.
A fence is a necessary component of most backyard renovations. It can provide privacy, keep pets contained, and add value to the property. Many fencing materials are available, so choosing one that will complement the yard’s overall look is important. If your client is looking for a low-maintenance fence, they should consider vinyl or composite. Here are some fences and their benefits:
- Vinyl fencing is durable and low-maintenance. It doesn’t require painting or staining and won’t rot or decay.
- Composite fencing is made from a mix of wood fiber and plastic. It’s a strong material that resists damage from weather and pests.
- Wood fencing is a classic choice that can give any yard a traditional look. It can be painted or stained to match the home’s exterior.
Installing a fence is a big job, so it’s important to have all the necessary tools and materials before starting. This includes posts, rails, pickets, hardware, and concrete. Once the fence is installed, you’ll need to add a gate. This can be a simple swinging gate or a more complex sliding or rolling gate.
Also, suggestions from the client about the type of fence they want, color, and other choices should be kept in mind. However, you can share your input if they want something that would not go well with the design or may not be durable enough. Communicate these pointers well with the client, so they are on the same page as you are.
Patios and Decks
A patio or deck can provide additional living space and significantly increase the value of a home. If your client is interested in adding one of these features, you’ll need to consider the space size and the type of material they want to use. The patios come in all shapes and sizes. They can be made of concrete, brick, stone, or pavers. The following are some benefits of each type of patio:
- Concrete patios are versatile and low-maintenance. They can be stained or painted to match the home’s exterior.
- Brick patios have a classic look that can be customized with different colors and patterns.
- Stone patios are durable and require little upkeep. They can be made from various materials, including flagstone, bluestone, and slate.
- Pavers are popular for patios because they’re easy to install and come in various colors, shapes, and sizes.
When it comes to decks, the most popular choice is wood. Wood decks are strong and durable, but they require more maintenance than other types of decks. If your client prefers this type and it suits their backyard well, you can apply a coating to waterproof the deck to ensure it stays in good condition for years to come. This will also give the deck a nice shine and a look that will impress.
The other choices for decks are composite and PVC. These materials are low-maintenance and easy to care for. However, they are also more expensive than wood. These materials are ideal for a backyard with less space because they don’t require as much upkeep.
These are just three home services you can offer for backyard renovation projects. By taking the time to understand your client’s needs and wants, you’ll create a backyard space they’ll love spending time in for years to come.