We’re all spending a lot more time at home, so it’s the perfect time to get started on those home projects you’ve been putting off. But with so many options, it can be hard to know where to start. DIY projects can help you save money, increase the value of your home, and give you a sense of accomplishment.
If you’re just starting out with DIY projects, it’s best to start small and work your way up. Here are five fun DIY home projects that will keep you busy and help make your house a home.
Give your walls a facelift
Tired of looking at the same four walls day in and day out? You don’t have to spend a fortune giving your space a fresh look. You can transform your drab walls into something special with time and effort. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Add interest with wallpaper. Wallpaper is making a comeback, and there are so many fun and funky patterns to choose from. If stripping old wallpaper doesn’t appeal, consider using wallpaper decals instead. They’re easy to apply and remove, so you can change your look as often.
- Go bold with color. If you’re feeling adventurous, why not paint your walls bright, bold colors? It’s an easy way to make a significant impact, and it’s perfect for small spaces where you want to create a sense of coziness. Not sure what color to choose? Check out some popular paint trends for inspiration.
- Get creative with texture. Textured walls are all the rage now, and many ways exist to achieve this look. From stenciling to sponge painting, there’s sure to be a technique that fits your style. And if you really want to go all out, try combining several different textures for a truly unique effect.
Install a skylight
Skylights are a great way to let natural light into your home. Still, they can be pricey to have installed professionally. If you’re handy with tools and comfortable working on your roof, you can save yourself some money by installing a skylight yourself. There are two main types of skylights: electric and manual. Electric skylights are the easiest to install but also the most expensive. Manual skylights are less expensive but require a little more work to install. You can purchase electric and manual skylights online. Be sure to choose the right size and style for your home and follow the installation instructions carefully. With a bit of time and effort, you can enjoy the natural light of a skylight without breaking the bank.
Update your light fixtures
Updating the light fixtures in your home is a quick and easy way to update your space without breaking the bank. And with so many options on the market, there’s sure to be a perfect style for your home. Whether you’re looking for a traditional chandelier or a more modern pendant light, there are plenty of options. When it comes to installation, most light fixtures can be easily installed by following the included instructions. However, if you’re not comfortable doing the work yourself, there’s no shame in hiring a professional. Either way, you’ll be enjoying your new light fixtures in no time.
Organize your closets
One of the most satisfying DIY projects you can do at home is to organize your closets. Not only will it make getting ready in the morning simpler and quicker, but it will also give you a sense of pride and accomplishment. Follow these steps to get started:
- First, empty out your closet completely. Yes, that includes taking everything off the hangers and out of the drawers. This may seem like a daunting task, but it’s necessary to really see what you have and what needs to be done.
- Once everything is out, sort through your items and decide what to keep, donate, and throw away. Let go of the clothes that no longer fit, are out of style, or you just no longer like.
- Once you’ve pared down your wardrobe, it’s time to start putting things back in an organized way. Hang up clothes by type (shirts, dresses, etc.) and color, and fold items so they can be easily seen and accessed. Don’t forget to leave some space for seasonal items that you won’t be wearing all year round!
Create a backyard oasis
With summer right around the corner, now is the perfect time to start planning your dream backyard oasis. Whether you want a place to relax and entertain guests or just somewhere for your kids to run around and play, there are endless possibilities when it comes to backyard design. So get creative and have fun!
These are some great ideas for DIY home projects, but the options are truly endless. So take this time to explore your creative side, learn something new and make your house a home. Happy DIYing!